Fallen Concition Focus: We tend to prusue our self interest even if we are untruthful or immoral.
- Even if there are skeptics
- they will see real change
- as you grow there will be feircer testing
2. You will be less tempted to emblish your testimony (9:10-12)
- You don't have to have a great story
- Act on the light you have
- First duty: a knowledge Him before men...
- Luke 12:8
3. You don't have to worry when people take your testimony to the religious state department (not the judicial system) (9:13-15).
- Healing forbidden
- Kneeding forbidden
- Anointing forbidden
4. You dont need to worry if conflict occurs because you testify (9:16-17).
- 2 Groups - one with a sabbath focus (logical but wrong), and one with a miracle focus (bad argument but right conclusion)
- Deut. 13:1-5 Moses
- Mt. 7:21-23
- 2 Thess. 2:9
5. You will not have to worry about what you previously said (9:19-21).
- The more you testify the more your eyes will be open to testify
6. You can leave the results in God's hands (9:22-23).
- Even when people see you testimony as anachronistic
- Synagogue was ot have applied the test of Christian heracy - Old Fashion out of date
- Council of Jamnia
- only used 3 times
- Post dates Christ
- 12th Benediction rewritten by Samuel the small after 70 AD
- 18th? Benediction recited 3 times a day (where no christian could utter)
- ban - heren
- No reconstruction for anachronistism - test of Discipleship - Confession (Matthew 10:32-33,
- Matthew 5:11-12 = Luke 6:22-23
- Post resurrection confessions based on preresurrection confessions
1. Parents - know the truth but do not step over the line without corageous witness
2. healed man - who comes to a growing understanding who Jesus is and confesses in face of opposition