hight sign - Sows submission, dependence, and obedience
Antitype of the Veil
FCF: It is hard for us to understand that God's motivation is his own glory.
T/s: The Glory of God is bound up in ...
- Mary must hear this
- Hide not
- Man proposes but God disposes
- Illustration: Eore and Winny the Pooh
- Comfort -
- Vision - we forget the Lord - His power is not limited to his presence
- 2 dice - mary - Brother's death - mary thought noone could die in the presence of Christ
- Luke 10 - prophet Priest and King - Luke 10:39, John 12:3, john 11:31?
2. ... Indignation of God (vv. 33-38)
- deeply moved - indignation - out of rage in spirit and trouble in spirit - 12:27, 13:21 - see v. 38 matthew 9:30, Mk. 1:43, 14:4
- Anger sin, anger with sickness , death or unbelief?
- Question - Omniscience vailed
- Anger and love not antithesis with God
- Woes - Matthew 23 and grief Matthew 23:37-39 over jerusalem
- Christians - objects of Wrath - Eph. 2:3, John 3:16 - God loves a world at emnity with him
- tears not shed for lazerath, since he wwas about to raise him
- Grief - outrage = sentimentalities
- Outrage - Grief = Self-Righteousness and Callousness
- consequence of sin
- Not Stoic
3. ... will of God (vv. 39-44)
- God helps those who are unable to help themselves
- Yet God general way is not todo for us what we are responsible and able to do for ourselves
- Believing yields glory sight
- Testified by praying
- Father's will - prayer according to - 1 John 3:22, 5:14
- If we regard iniquity in our heart - Ps 66:18
- Hebrews 7:25
- Elijah - 1 Kings 18:36-37
- Personal call
- Paridigm for our salvaiton
- If Lazarus name not mention all dead would have been resurrectied?
- Uses instriments in ministry
- Grave close were not too tight to hop out.
Do we trust Christ do do this will of God or what we want?
Do we regard iniquity in our hearts when we pray?
Do we have the confidence that when we pray according to the will of God he answers us in the affirmative?