John 10: 11, 15, 17, 18
John 11 - resurrection and the life
John 12 - Grain of wheat
Life of Salvation - Flows forwards and backwards
Aspects of Salvation - Justification, sanctification, and glorification
FCF:People don't believe in the sufficiency of the death and glory of Christ, so they don't give up their lives to Christ.
Theme: Christ death is sufficient for whosoever believes.
T/S: The sufficiency of Christ's Death means... (Realities)
1. We must do more than just admire Jesus - vv. 20-22
2. We must see Death is the way to spiritual life and joy - vv. 23-25
3. We must affirm that salvation involves our professing Christ and following Christ - v. 26
4. We must see the imputation of mans sin to Christ - v. 27
5. We must understand the unbroken union between the Father and the Son - vv. 28-33
6. We must believe in the duty of using present opportunities - vv. 34-36.
C o n c l u s i o n
- You cannot be a follower of Jesus and be 1/2 hearted bout the Light
- People say, "Lord if you will just let me love my life in this world, I promise to loose it for your sake.
- People put "if's" but God says it doesn't work that way
- No bargaining with the Living God - you must trust him
- you cannot see ahead for the life you will have
- Ill: Many put a latter on your house at 3am to climb in a window - what do you do
- he needs to enter the proper way - and you need to enter heaven God's way!