Here is a good application (A.p.p.l.i.c.a.t.i.o.n.s) acrostic that I found at pastors.com:
- Is there an Attitude to adjust?
- Is there a Promise to claim?
- Is there a Priority to change
- Is there a Lesson to learn?
- Is there an Issue to resolve?
- Is there a Command to obey?
- Is there an Activity to avoid or stop?
- Is there a Truth to believe?
- Is there an Idol to tear down? (That’s a big one.)
- Is there an Offense to forgive?
- Is there a New direction to take?
- Is there a Sin to confess?
To learn more about how to study the bible, I would recommend A Workman Approved By God (34 Hours) DVD video series.
- You can purchase the DVD’s here
- Or you can purchace the vhs videos from http://www.crosstv.com/ by going to this series:”Resetting the Standard and scrolling to “A Workman Approved by God” (The following is a list of episodes)
Episode 3: Who's Teaching You?
Episode 4: Extra Biblical Writings
Episode 5: Re-stoking The Fire & The First Step
Episode 6: Bridging The Communication Gaps
Episode 7: Why Words Matter
Episode 8: The Error of Subjective Interpretation
Episode 9: Literal & Symbolic Interpretation
Episode 10: Context
Episode 11: Superficial Interpretation
Episode 12: The Grammar Principle
Episode 13: Selective Citing
Episode 14: The Need For Systematic Theology
Episode 15: Pros & Cons Commentaries
Episode 16: Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms